Welcome to Luxembourg Province! Popular with the biggest businesses, Belgian Luxembourg lives up to its reputation, offering a huge range of benefits for any investor who wants to get going. Keen to find out more? Follow our guide…
WHY INVEST IN BELGIAN LUXEMBOURG?
Because it’s the perfect home for investment for anyone keen to invest. Its benefits? On the border with France, Germany and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, the province offers a whole host of investment opportunities right at the heart of Europe’s main business communities.
It is also right in the middle of a dense road, rail, telecoms and air network, as well as being home to an impressive workforce and considerable purchasing power.
THE IDELUX GUIDE FOR BUSINESSES
IDELUX is the one-stop-shop for any business owner. That’s why we support businesses and project leaders keen to set up in Belgian Luxembourg.
Effectiveness, rigour and pragmatism are the keywords for our action strategy, which means that our teams are here to listen to your needs and help you every step of the way, thanks to the different services we offer: hosting businesses, helping with purchases and local, regional and European support, as well as administrative formalities, applications for planning and environment permits and legal support, innovation advice, funding advice, property leasing options (buildings and land) and equity backup for businesses via Luxembourg Développement.
OUR PRIORITY SECTORS
With considerable practical experience under their belt, our experts cover every sector, with a particular focus on:
- The space sector which, in Belgian Luxembourg, draws on the Galaxia business park, a unique concept developed by IDELUX Développement aimed at start-ups and businesses. The European Space Agency (ESA), whose Redu-Transinne space cluster is just a few kilometres away from the Galaxia park, and WSL, who offer support for techno-entrepreneurs in Wallonia-Brussels, are its main partners.
- Life sciences, which are based at the Novalis Science Park, as well as activities connected to biotechnologies, information and communication technologies and energy and environmental technologies.
- The agri-food sector, which is a traditional field for Belgian Luxembourg, given the large number of agri-food businesses it is home to and the diversity of the products it offers.
- The tourism sector, which is another driving force for our region’s development. Our goal at IDELUX is to develop attractive new areas, galvanise existing products (ESC, Parc Chlorophylle, etc.) and consolidate the quality of tourist areas in town and city centres.
- The wood sector, as 42% of Wallonia’s forests are based in Luxembourg Province. The primary timber processing sector is the most highly developed, represented by Belgium’s three biggest sawmills. The Pôle Ardenne Bois is the flagship hub for activities in this sector, and the company Holzindustrie Pauls AG is its main occupant.
- Logistics, because Belgium Luxembourg enjoys a strategic location for accessing the main markets in Western Europe. IDELUX has therefore equipped the area with specialist facilities such as the Ardenne Logistics park, a platform based in the south of Belgium, in the midst of millions of consumers and major roads (E25-E411), or the European Development Pole (Pôle Européen de Développement, PED), near the Terminal Container Athus.
We invest in these sectors in order to create new jobs in them.
We offer a support service to help you turn your opportunities into success stories.
At IDELUX, we are keen to build a relationship of trust with every business to ensure a long-term partnership, secure new business and guarantee the successful completion of every project.